What Is AccountMate?
AccountMate® is the name of an accounting and business management software system first released by AccountMate Software Corporation in 1984.
The best definition for AccountMate is that it’s known for being the only mid-tier accounting system that offers its source code as an option to customers, allowing any aspect of the software to be customized. This source code approach is a hybrid. It provides the flexibility and control of an open source system that can accommodate unique business requirements – as well as the ongoing R&D investment, vendor accountability and authorized reseller channel of a traditional SaaS system.
AccountMate is most often used by small and medium companies in wholesale distribution and manufacturing due to its inventory management and ERP capabilities. Worldwide, it has 125,000 users in 200 industries.
The world’s most flexible accounting software
For over 30 years, AccountMate has provided customers with powerful, scalable and flexible accounting and business management software that meets the exact needs of their businesses. Many other accounting solutions require you to make changes to your core business processes in order to utilize their software—costing your business far more than the price of the software in time and decreased productivity from retraining your staff.
AccountMate’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is the only system that has no limits in its ability to conform to your unique business processes. The actual “source code” – the mechanics of the software – is customizable so it can be adapted to any business situation and evolve as your business dictates.
Comprehensive, solid financial management
AccountMate’s flagship accounting system is the culmination of over three decades of experience in providing customizable, real-time business information solutions, used in wide-ranging industries from aircraft parts distributors to apparel manufacturers, nonprofits, housing authorities and international art museums.
AccountMate’s business management and accounting solutions deliver vital up-to-the minute information on your business. An accurate picture of your current situation can make the crucial difference in today’s competitive business environment and increase your bottom line.
AccountMate can help you manage global operations with multi-currency capabilities and a built-in translation engine for multilingual businesses. AccountMate’s customizable accounting software products are available for local installation or as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
Extend your accounting system
A growing number of independent software developers offer industry-specific packages that work in concert with AccountMate’s software to provide a complete solution for a wide range of industries, including light and heavy manufacturing, service and consulting, publishing, wholesale and retail distribution. This list of solutions continues to expand.
Count on data integrity
Your data is one of your company’s most valuable assets. Protecting it is of paramount importance. AccountMate software has built-in safeguards to protect your data including sophisticated encryption technology. AccountMate provides top-notch customer support with plans including maintenance updates, version upgrades and technical support.
AccountMate Software Overview
Your business – not your software – should dictate how your critical information flows. Flexibility and modifiability are the foundation of AccountMate and have been since day one. Even if your business processes are unique or change over time, you can mold AccountMate to fit your needs…now and for the long term!
AccountMate accounting modules are available in two different platforms – Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Express. These different versions enable your business to evolve from a single user system to a powerful and sophisticated multi-user SQL database network.
1. AccountMate SQL Software
Specifically for businesses with high transaction volumes and heavy user loads. It can accommodate hundreds of simultaneous users, providing businesses with a comprehensive, real-time business and financial management solution.
2. AccountMate Express Software
Designed for businesses with up to five concurrent users that desire the stability and speed of a SQL database with minimal expense.
Both versions of AccountMate include:
- Powerful desktop tools with user-definable shortcuts and instant access to your favorite Microsoft applications
- System-wide tracking of data changes that provides comprehensive audit trail and helps strengthen the company’s internal controls
- User-definable complex password policy and fraud protection features recommended by banks and accountants for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Drill-down analysis permits instantaneous viewing of account and transaction details
- Multi-segmented chart of accounts allow for complex cost center structure and flexible analysis of financial statements
- Up-to-the-minute bank balances and instant view of unreconciled transactions help manage your cash flow
- Ability to attach supporting documents to transaction and master records
- A suite of inventory features designed to meet your sophisticated inventory management needs
- Multiple warehouses with unlimited bin locations facilitate any complex warehouse setup
- Multi-currency features enable transactions in any currency
- Multi-lingual capabilities support global operations
- Over 20 modules to fulfill your accounting, payroll, inventory, manufacturing, CRM, and other business requirements