Before you begin…
Installation and configuration of the AccountMate Financial Management System is a complex process that includes installing/configuring Microsoft SQL Server in a shared Windows Client-Server environment. This is a non-trivial task that is not discussed here.
The process detailed here is the installation of only the “client run-time files” that must be performed at every desktop that will run AccountMate. Alternatively, if you’ll be running AccountMate from a Windows terminal server, then this must be performed on the server.
This process, almost identical for both LAN and SQL systems, installs a handful of “DLL” (Dynamic Linked Library) files into the WindowsSystem directory so the Microsoft Visual FoxPro front-end screens and Crystal Reports will function.
Please note: the AccountMate installation disk for your specific version and build is required. Often this will be stored in a directory named something akin to “Installation CD,” but if you can’t locate either a physical or virtual copy, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How to Install the AccountMate SQL and SQL/Express V7.x Run-Time Files: Screen-by-Screen Setup Instructions
You can click the screenshots below to view them full size.
- Put the CD/DVD into the drive, or locate copy of it in a server directory. If the setup doesn’t start automatically, then use Windows Explorer to find the drive, <right-click> the file setup.exe and then “Run as Administrator”
- After an initial “splash screen”, te below screen will appear. Click Next to continue.
- You must select “I accept the terms of the license agreement” then click Next to continue.
- The ReadMe screen will then appear, shown below, click Next to continue.
- As shown in the screen below, the next step is to select the location of your AccountMate installation. The default location is c:\amsql, however typically the installation is on a file server share (so that all client PCs share the same installation, making updates and modifications simpler). Please map a drive to that location, so that you’ll then be selecting a path such as n:\amsql. Click on browse and change the path to the location on the server where AccountMate program is already installed. (if you can’t “browse” to the location as a mapped drive then, again, please map the drive before proceeding and select the location in this step). Then click Next to continue.
- Below is the critical screen for selecting that you would like to install only the run-time files and not overwrite the entire system! Select “Compact” and then click Next to continue.
- The next screen, shown below, allows you to change/select the Windows “Start Menu” program folder for the shortcuts to the AccountMate program it will create. The default is typically the best answer, the click Next to continue.
- The installation process now takes place. Please be patient as, depending on your workstation’s processor and memory, this could take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the installation program is complete, the below screen will be displayed. Click Finish to exit.
Flexible Demand Forecasting
A large plumbing supplies distributor has a long lead-time for delivery of many of their products from international manufacturers, and thus they can’t afford a stock-out.
We overlaid a custom demand-forecasting tool that incorporates historical seasonal demand curves of their critical items.