Before you begin…
Installation and configuration of the AccountMate Financial Management System is a complex process that includes installing/configuring Microsoft SQL Server in a shared Windows Client-Server environment. This is a non-trivial task that is not discussed here.
The process detailed here is the installation of only the “client run-time files” that must be performed at every desktop that will run AccountMate. Alternatively, if you’ll be running AccountMate from a Windows terminal server, then this must be performed on the server.
This process, almost identical for both LAN and SQL systems, installs a handful of “DLL” (Dynamic Linked Library) files into the Windows\System directory so the Microsoft Visual FoxPro front-end screens and Crystal Reports will function.
Please note: the AccountMate installation disk for your specific version and build is required. Often this will be stored in a directory named something akin to “Installation CD,” but if you can’t locate either a physical or virtual copy, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How to Install the AccountMate SQL and SQL/Express V12.x Run-Time Files: Screen-by-screen Setup Instructions
You can click the screenshots below to view them full size.
- Put the CD/DVD into the drive, or locate copy of it in a server directory. If the setup doesn’t start automatically, then use Windows Explorer to find the drive, <right-click> the file setup.exe and then “Run as Administrator”
- Depending on how up-to-date your system is, you may be initially prompted to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Restributable Package. Click Install to continue.
- After an initial “splash screen”, the below screen will appear. Click Next to continue.
- You must select “I accept the terms of the license agreement” then click Next to continue.
- As shown in the screen below, the next step is to select the location of your AccountMate installation. The default location is c:\amsql, however typically the installation is on a file server share (so that all client PCs share the same installation, making updates and modifications simpler). Please map a drive to that location or, better yet, use a “UNC path” so that changes in drive letters don’t impact your operation. Click on browse and change the path to the location on the server where AccountMate program is already installed. Then click Next to continue.
- Below is the critical screen for selecting that you would like to install only the run-time files and not overwrite the entire system! Select “Compact” and then click Next to continue.
- The next screen, shown below, allows you to change/select the Windows “Start Menu” program folder for the shortcuts to the AccountMate program it will create. The default is typically the best answer, then click Next to continue.
- The installation process now takes place. Please be patient as, depending on your workstation’s processor and memory, this could take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the installation program is complete, the below screen will be displayed. Click Finish to exit.
An exotic leather tannery needed to improve order fulfillment accuracy for its reptile skins – each of which have numerous unique attributes of size, color, grade, etc.
We added these additional elements to each inventory item’s definition and they are then validated against the sales order during picking and shipping.